The Conference Group
October 18-24, 2019
Facilitator – Lou Centini
Leading from the Boardroom
“Listen to the outside, understand what’s going on, and translate what it means to the inside”
Be Current, Think Big and Be Strategic!
Session 1 – Sunday, October 20
9:00 am – 12:00pm
What is? Your Board Leadership Role in Context
1. Program Introduction and Expectations – A Systems Approach
2. Key Business Challenges and Opportunities (Survey Results)
3. The Role of a Corporation in Society: What is the Purpose?
4. The Role of a Board in a Credit Union: What is the Purpose?
Mat’l: Economist Intelligence Unit Briefing – Meeting Stakeholder Expectations
5. Broad Global Economic Trends
Mat’l: IMF World Economic Report
Session 2 – Monday, October 21
8:30am – 1:00pm
What If? The Big Picture Outside View
1. Broad Global and US Socio-Economic Trends
Mat’l: Economist Intelligence Unit Briefings
2. Business Model Transformation: Industry Innovators and Disruptors:
Apple Case Study
3. Implications for Credit Unions: Vision for the Future?
Session 3 – Wednesday, October 23
8:30am – 1:00pm
What Now? Elevating Your Leadership
1. Transforming Your Credit Unions
Mat’l: HBR Article – Tipping Point Leadership
2. 21st Century Leadership: New Requirements
3. What Now? Commit to Action
During the above scheduled times there will be guest events led by Todd and Whitney Demorest. Todd and Whitney are highly competent, wonderful individuals that work in the domains of effective action and living a full and robust life. Some of the many guests at the conference will know one another, and many are either first timers or still learning names. This is a way to enjoy some structured time, stretch your mind and body and leave with a new perspective on a few things.
Sunday, Oct 20 – First session, late morning Sunday (9:30 – 11:30 pm). “A practice in the Italian art of doing nothing, and maybe a little gelato along the way” – relax, breathe and be in the moment, while taking in the town and maybe enjoying a sit in the shade (or sun) with gelato before it’s all done.
Monday, Oct 21 – Second session, 9:30 – 11:30 am – “Time for a Cappu-CHI-no … and a little stretch” — how about a little light stretching time, simple stretches for the mind and soul. Then time for a juice or Cappuccino.
Wednesday, Oct 23 – Third session, 9:30 – 11:30 – wrap up the week with a special session!